Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Be Strong and Courageous

I don't know about you, but I had a GREAT time with you all yesterday. What a fun and relaxing and special morning. Thanks for being there.

I wanted to share a few things with you as a follow-up to yesterday's meeting. First, thanks for bearing with me in the video debacle. If you're not familiar with Katie Davis, here is the video that I wanted to show...


Her blog, Kisses from Katie, can give you more details, as well as her book with the same title. As I said yesterday, she stands out to me as the epitome of courage. And as easy as it is for us to look at her and say, "I couldn't do that," I think it's important to remember this: "I have learned that I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, change the world for one person... And if one person sees the love of Christ in me, it is worth every minute. In fact, it is worth spending my life for." (Katie Davis)

Also, we ran out of time for discussion, but I wanted to include the questions here for you to review. Ponder them, journal about them, use them to start discussions with your families.

1.       Name someone in your life that you consider to be courageous. How does his/her example encourage you to step out and be courageous?

2.       Tell about a time when you had a chance to DO something courageous but didn’t. What were the consequences? What do you think might have happened if you had done the courageous thing?

3.       Tell about a time when you had a chance to BE courageous (have an attitude of trust) in a hard circumstance. Were you able to do it, or did your fears and frustrations take control?

4.       In what areas of your life do “earthly fears” keep you from saying “yes” to God? 

And in case you don't have the placemat for this month, here is the list of lessons/Bible passages that the kids will be covering this month:


1.       Joseph – “I can be brave because I know God is with me.”
Genesis 30, 37, 39-46

2.       Moses – “I can be brave even when I don’t feel ready.”
Exodus 3:1-4:17; Exodus 7-12

3.       Moses & the Red Sea – “I can be brave even when things seem impossible.”
Exodus 14

4.       Spying on Canaan – “I can be brave even when others aren’t.”
Numbers 13 & 14

5.       Joshua and the Battle of Jericho – “I can be brave because I know God keeps his promises.”
Joshua 6


Thanks for sharing your morning with us. I can't wait to see you again next time. In the meantime, be strong and courageous. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment